Monday, July 14, 2014

Want a Yummy Summer Pasta?


I love pasta... I don't know, however, if it loves me.... It doesn't seem to treat me very well. That's why I am always excited about a *LIGHTER* pasta recipe, and THIS one is DELISH!

What you need:
Whole wheat pasta. (I used Linguine, but I love angel hair, or small spaghetti).
Tomatoes (I just sliced 2 beefsteaks and threw them in).
Onion (sliced into thin strips or chopped).
Mushrooms, thinly sliced
Basil
Salt
Extra Virgin olive oil (less than a Tbs)
Garlic
Spinach
(The veggies are really easy to switch out, and substitute. Use what you like)!

Directions:
Place pasta in saucepan.
Poor water into pan (about 1/3 pot-full)
add tomatoes, onion, basil, mushrooms, salt oil, and garlic, then place lid on pan and boil.
As noodles relax, begin stirring, just to keep from burning. 
You shouldn't have to drain any water, just boil down. The water will for a sauce with the starch from the noodles and veggies. 
Once the water is nearly gone, throw in your spinach and toss. Don't cook it, just let it wilt.
AND, Viola! You have a YUMMY meal, with nearly no mess, and no stomach pains from heavy pasta! You can sprinkle a little parm on if you need it. Enjoy!
Serve warm or cool!

No comments:

Post a Comment